Book loan services
Books can be borrowed:
1. by checking them out of the library:
- for a semester (specific book loan period)
- for a month (other documents)
- for 2 weeks – books marked with a blue label
- for 1 week – books marked with a green label
- overnight, for the weekend – books marked with a yellow label can be borrowed no earlier than one hour before the library closes and must be returned by 9.00 a.m. on the next working day
2. on site only: in the reading room – see Library Rules (Czech only)
Extending the loan period
The loan of a book can be extended to a maximum of three times the loan period. The exception is books lent overnight, which cannot be extended.
If the book is not requested by another reader, the loan can be renewed in person, by phone, by email, via the Internet after logging in to the reader's account in the on-line catalog.
UWB students and staff can use their JIS card; the public can use either the Pilsen card or a bar-coded card (issued by the library).
Open access section
Books in the library's open access section are sorted into individual categories by the field of study.